What is Skilled Nursing?
Life can take you along an unknown path. Sometimes a few days in the hospital isn’t enough time for your body to fully recover, and you need more time in rehabilitation before you can return home. That’s where our skilled nursing services come in. We offer a staff of highly trained nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, and social workers who are the leaders in their field. Our staff will assist you throughout every step of your journey, helping you get back to full health while providing quality medical attention and attentive support. We teach you how to effectively care for yourself or for a loved one. Our goal is to help reduce the likelihood of re-admission to the hospital. Whether a patient is recovering from a recent fall, a joint replacement, or suffers from an acute, chronic or exacerbated condition – our facilities have all the necessary resources under one roof to help ensure the best possible outcome.
Specialized Care in a Home Setting
There are times when you may need the skilled and advanced medical resources you can find at a hospital but in a home-like setting. Our staff works with each resident and their family throughout the care process. We customize a care plan for each resident that reflects their special needs and individual preferences. Our comprehensive rehabilitation services can help people with incontinence or pain management problems right in the privacy of their own apartments. Being in a comfortable and familiar environment while undergoing nursing care enhances the healing process.
As a resident’s health progresses, our staff will assist with the transition as they move through the different care levels. From rehabilitation to therapy to wound care, we offer a wide range of services. Below are a few examples of skilled nursing care services we can provide:
- Post-Surgery Joint Replacement
- Disease Management and Teaching
- Diabetic Self-Care, Diet & Glucose Monitoring
- Post-Operative Care
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Anticoagulant Monitoring
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Neurological Care including Deficits and Strokes
- Medication Management
- Pain Management
- Wound Care
- Infusion Therapy
- Tube-Feeding & Nutrition Education
- Balance, Coordination and Strengthening
- Walker, Cane and Assistive Device Training
Am I Eligible for Home Health?
Every patient is entitled to an evaluation for home health care services. You may be eligible for home health care services under your Medicare benefit or private insurance. We provide skilled nursing services to patients who are considered “homebound” by their physician. After all, what place better to heal than in the comfort of your own home? If homebound status is questionable, a registered nurse can provide an in-home assessment.
- Do you require skilled nursing and/or need special assistance with activities of daily living?
- Are you unable to leave home unassisted?
- Do you require part-time, intermittent or daily care?
- Are you under the care of a physician?
- Has your physician written an order requesting these services?
From Your Family To Ours
When you stay with us you become part of our family. You can rest easy knowing familiar faces will always be nearby. During this time of transition, we make every effort to provide your loved one with the respect they deserve in a comfortable, enjoyable environment tailored perfectly for their individual needs. Residents are welcomed and encouraged to be a part of our daily social activities, without the burden of keeping up with chores and household tasks. Along with our professional, 24-hour staff, below are some of the added benefits and amenities that help promote a greater sense of well-being among our residents:
- Professional chef-prepared meals in our beautiful onsite dining room
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Scheduled transportation to community events
- A daily calendar of events with social opportunities designed for entertainment, learning and creativity
- Exercise and fitness programs
- Personal alert response systems in case of emergencies
We encourage residents living in our communities to not only live with us, but to thrive with us. We strive to enable our residents to enjoy their own individual daily routines. Give your loved one the opportunity to live life to its fullest, with the peace of mind and support provided with respite care. Schedule a tour today!